Alright, here we go. Here's what NOAA says (Pacific Salmonids Major Threats).
Here's my list and in no particular order:
- Habitat destruction
- Invasive, nonnative species
- Resource extraction
- Climate Change
- Catastrophic Forest Fire
- Irrigation, water diversion
- Oil & gas storage, transport and extraction
- Pollution (water & air)
- Salmon farming
- Ill-conceived mitigation
- Genetic tampering
- Bureaucracies without incentive to solve the problem
- Cooking the books and counting hatchery fish as wild fish
So, that's my starter list, and I will in the coming weeks be discussing these threats. Meanwhile, at my sister site, the more established www.salmonblog.com I'm going to write about Trout Unlimited's State of the Trout study and whatever else happens to occur over the next few weeks. Happy reading.